I'm super excited to be posting on Taylor's blog today. As you already know, she has some amazing ideas and talents. I am Cheri from I Am Momma - Hear Me Roar. Here's a couple pics of my recent projects:
I love making all kinds of stuff, but today I'm going to show you how to make a cool boy t-shirt (inspired by Hurley, Volcom, Quiksilver, etc.) using bubble wrap. Bubble wrap? Oh yes, that's right. We're also going to do a little freezer paper stenciling. Here's the end product:
Here we go:
1) Start with a blank tee. I like to get them at Wal-mart for $3.50. Cut out a chunk of bubble wrap. Spread some paint on a paper plate. Use the bubble wrap like a stamp. Dip it in and stamp it wherever you want on the shirt. I covered the center with an oval because I didn't want to stamp the area where I was going to write "Bosco."
Here's my chunk of bubble wrap with light gray paint on it, ready to stamp. (Use the bubbly side.)
Stamp as much or as little as you want to.
2) I got on the computer to make a design for the front. "Bosco" is my little guy's nick name. Here's what I printed off:
3) Create a freezer paper stencil. (Using an exacto knife, cut the stencil. Iron the stencil to the shirt to seal off the area. Shiny side down.)
4) Paint the area using fabric paint.
5) I wanted a little more texture, so I did a little more stamping on top of it with a darker gray.
6) Optional: I also added some embroidery floss along the neckline for fun and to bring out the green.
...and the final test? Yup. He likes it.
Thanks for having me, Taylor! And of course, you are all welcome to stop by my blog anytime. - Cheri
I love bubble wrap and the texture it made on the shirts so I WILL be trying this! It's very motocross dirt bike boy looking! And isn't her little guy adorable! Too cute. Thanks Cheri!
A small businessman should take links of london set, because he would face internet marketing calamity, enjoy a shop having corum watch & swiss army watches, you will also see the police watches, they are top class quality.